fortune red velvet cake Recipe
- Self-rising flour (2 1/2 cups)
- fortune sunlite sunflower oil (1 cup)
- White sugar (1/12 cup)
- Baking soda (1 tsp)
- Distilled white vinegar (1 tsp)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Eggs (2)
- Red food colouring (2 ounces)
- Softened butter (½ cup)
- Confectioner’s sugar (4 cups)
- Butter milk (1 cup)
- Soft cream cheese (1 package)
- Preheat oven to around 175 degrees C.
- Grease three round pans with oil and flour; the pans can be around 8 inches each in diameter.
- Mix together sugar, oil, and eggs. Whisk well.
- Add food colouring and vinegar to buttermilk. Also add baking soda to the flour.
- Mix the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the sugar mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract into the whipped batter and give it a stir.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, 1 tsp vanilla for the frosting.
- Frost the cake and enjoy with a cuppa!