fortune andhra chicken curry Recipe
- Cleaned chicken (500 grams)
- Fortune Sunflower Oil (3 tbsp)
- Sliced onions (3)
- Green chillies vertically slit (3-4)
- Beaten curd (1 cup)
- Ginger-garlic paste (1 tbsp)
- Haldi (½ tsp)
- Red chilli powder (1 tsp)
- Coriander seeds (1 tbsp)
- Jeera (1 tsp)
- Black peppercorns (3-4)
- Khus khus (1 tbsp)
- Cloves (2-3)
- Cinnamon stick (1)
- Chopped dhaniya (1 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- In a pan, dry roast jeera, cloves, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns for 2–3 mins. Set aside.
- Add khus khus to the same pan sauté for few seconds, allow it to cool.
- Once cool, grind all the roasted ingredients to a powder, without using water.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add sliced onions, ginger–garlic paste and green chillies, sauté till the onions are transparent.
- Time to add the chicken pieces. Fry till their colour changes then add red chilli powder, haldi and salt. Stir and cook for few minutes.
- Now add the dry roasted spice powder and cook on low heat for about 5 mins.
- Stir in the beaten curd at this stage, stir and cook covered until the chicken is tender. If needed, add water.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.