fortune sweet modak Recipe
- Powdered jaggery (1 cup)
- Rice flour (1 cup)
- Khus-khus (1 tsp)
- Grated coconut (1 cup)
- Fortune Sunlite Oil for moulding (for deep-frying)
- Water (1 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Make the stuffing by dry roasting the khus-khus in a pan while mixing with jaggery and grated coconut.
- Make small pedas of the mixture and keep aside.
- Boil water and add rice flour, salt to it. Stir it well.
- Knead the dough well and roll with a rolling pin into small circular discs, similar to mini puris.
- Stuff the disks with the filling. Seal edges by pulling and pinching.
- Steam the modak for around 20 mins.
- Serve it on a copper platter with a dollop of shuddh desi ghee.
Learn more about similar recipes along with unique cooking techniques that will take your cooking from Good to Great.