fortune sooji upma Recipe
- Sooji (1/2 cup)
- fortune vivo pro sugar conscious oil (2 tbsp)
- Black mustard seeds (1/2 tbsp)
- Cumin seed (1/2 tsp)
- Diced green pepper (1)
- Green peas (1/4 cup)
- Peanuts (2 handfuls)
- Water (1 1/4 cup)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped cilantro or parsley (2 tbsp )
- Salt to your taste (1/2 tsp)
- Fortune Oil (1 tbsp)
- First boil green peas in water.
- As the water comes to a boil, turn heat to low and cook peas till soft and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Check heat by adding cumin seeds to the oil; if it crackles right away, oil is ready. Add in black mustard and cumin seeds.
- As they crackle, add peanuts and stir for a bit.
- Pour in sooji and stir-fry on medium heat till it turns golden. Also add in salt as per taste.
- Now add in those green peas with water a little at a time.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cover for 2 mins.
- Don't overcook, the sooji should soak in the water leaving the upma moist.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsely.
Learn more about similar recipes along with unique cooking techniques that will take your cooking from Good to Great.