fortune dhokla Recipe
- Fortune Besan sieved (2 cups)
- Curd beaten (1 cup)
- Water warm (1 cup approx.)
- Salt (as per the taste)
- Turmeric powder (haldi) (1/2 tsp)
- Green chilli-ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Coconut scraped (1/2 cup)
- fortune soya health oil (2 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Cooking soda (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (2 tbsp)
- Mix besan, curd and warm water and mix. Make sure there are no lumps and then add salt; mix again.
- Set the batter aside to ferment for at least 3–4 hrs.
- Once fermented, add haldi and green chilli-ginger paste and mix. Also heat the steamer at this point and grease a big plate.
- Mix cooking soda, nimbu juice, 1 tsp oil and mix. Add this mix to the batter and whisk. Immediately pour the batter onto the greased thali and place it in the preheated steamer.
- Cover and steam for 10 mins. Let the dhokla cool for at least 5 mins.
- Once cool, cut it into squares and set on a serving plate.
- Heat the remaining fortune soya health oil, add sarson and when it splutters, pour the tadka over the dhoklas.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut. Serve warm or cool as per your choice.