For momo wraps:
- Technique in focus #1: Make firm dough
- In a bowl, mix refined flour and salt. Knead it into a firm dough while adding water slowly.
- Make sure that the dough binds well.
- Apply 1 tbsp Fortune VIVO Oil and rest the dough for 30 mins.
- Keep it covered with a kitchen napkin or a damp cloth.
- After 30 mins knead the dough again, making sure it is firm.
- Roll the dough into a thin chapatti and cut into 2-inch diameter roundels using a round cutter.
- Technique in focus #2: Sprinkle some refined flour and cover it.
- This will ensure the momo wrappers don’t stick and dry out.
For paneer momo filling:
- In a bowl, add grated paneer, finely chopped garlic, celery, fresh coriander, cabbage, spring onions and carrots.
- Season with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.
For chicken momo filling:
- In a bowl, add minced chicken, finely chopped garlic, celery and fresh coriander.
- Season it with salt and crushed black pepper.
- Add soy sauce.
- Mix well and keep refrigerated until needed.
For further assembly and cooking:
- Using a momo wrap, place paneer/chicken filling in the centre and follow shaping instructions given in the video presentation to make various shapes.
- Technique in focus #3: Keep the steamer ready and pre-heated.
- This will ensure fast and thorough cooking of the momos and would ensure the momos remain tender.
- Steam cook the momos for 8-10 mins.
- Serve immediately with Sichuan sauce or soy sauce.