Samosa secrets unveiled: Shaping & deep frying must-knows
This version of Ilish, Bhapa Ilish or Steamed Hilsa bursts with flavours as vibrant as the colours in it and is sure to captivate your taste buds!
The unique method of cooking engulfs the fish fillets with the pungency of mustard and the spiciness of the chilies!
• In a metal container, place Hilsa fillets. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar, yogurt, mustard oil, mustard paste and green chilies.
• Mix well. Cover the lid and set aside for 10 minutes.
• Add ½ cup water and mix well. Secure the lid safely, and make sure the container is air tight.
• Place the metal container with the fish in a deep pot. Fill the pot ¾ with water and cover it with a lid.
• Let it steam for 15 minutes on medium flame.
• Garnish with fresh green chilies and serve hot.