Layering your lachcha parathas the Punjabi way
Creamy reddish gravy with succulent pieces of paneer with just a hint of spice…that’s how authentic dhaba-style paneer butter masala tastes like! Let’s cook up this traditional gravy dish from scratch.
• Begin by heating 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Once it is hot, fry paneer cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
• In the same pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the onions until golden brown.
• Add in ginger–garlic paste and fry for a minute then add dhaniya powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt as per taste. Sauté for a minute.
• Now stir in tomato puree and kasuri methi then slowly add in milk.
• Lower the heat, cover and cook for 5 mins.
• Next, add in fried paneer along with cream. Mix well and simmer for about 3-4 mins.
• Garnish with coriander and serve hot with naan.