How to make medu vada extra crispy and crunchy?
Be it Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu or Karnataka, a South Indian meal is incomplete without a bowlful of steaming hot sambar. And hence, how can we deprive our Fortune Home Chefs from such a classic delight? Straight from the region of idlis and dosas, here is a basic vegetable sambar recipe.
Image Credit: archanaskitchen
• Heat oil in a kadhai, add onion, tomatoes and chillies. Sauté for 2 mins.
• Now add in all vegetables and sauté them for 8–10 mins.
• Add water until the veggies are covered, put a lid and cook for 10–15 mins till the veggies are cooked.
• Time to stir in the cooked dal, sambar powder, salt and jaggery. Stir and mix well. Let the sambar simmer on low-medium heat for 15–20 mins.
• For tempering, heat oil in a small kadhai, add sarson and jeera and once they crackle, add curry leaves, urad dal, red chillies and hing.
• Pour this tempering over the sambar and turn of the heat.
• Garnish with coriander and serve hot with steamed rice.