Layering your lachcha parathas the Punjabi way
Rajma chawal is one of the most iconic Punjabi dishes served everywhere in the region right from restaurants to streets. Recreate this vegetarian delight in your kitchens with our easy but traditional recipe.
• Heat oil in a big kadhai, add cumin seeds and when they splutter, add chopped onion and sauté till it is translucent. Then add ginger, garlic and sauté till the raw smell disappears.
• Next, add chopped tomato and sauté till it is mushy then add red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Sauté for a minute and add the cooked rajma along with the water it was boiled in.
• Add salt as per taste and let the rajma cook in the spices for about 10-12 mins on a low flame.
• Mash the beans lightly and for the final touch, add kasuri methi and dhaniya.
• Serve rajma masala with steamed Basmati rice or jeera rice.