Layering your lachcha parathas the Punjabi way
Did you know kadai paneer was named so because it is a one-pot dish exclusively made only in kadais? So apart from the ingredients, a pre-requisite for this dish is a kadai! Master the art of making the perfect kadai paneer with our recipe.
Image Credit: indianhealthyrecipes
• Dry roast red chillies, peppercorns, coriander seeds, jeera and saunf until aromatic.
• Then add fenugreek leaves, roast for a minute and set aside to cool.
• Once cooled, grind all the roasted spices in a mortar pestle. This is your kadai masala.
• Heat oil in a pan, add half of the ground masala, chilli powder, garam masala, onion, simla mirch and sauté for a minute.
• Now add tomato puree and cook until the raw smell and flavour disappear.
• Add in salt, sugar, paneer and sprinkle rest of the kadai masala and coriander leaves. Also add cream and mix well.
• Your delicious kadai paneer is ready, serve it with rotis or naan.