fortune khandvi Recipe
- Besan / Chickpea flour (1/2 cup)
- Buttermilk /1 cup curd and 1 cup water (2 cups)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Ginger and green chili paste (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (2 tsp)
- Fortune Grounutt Activ (2 tsp)
- Sarson / Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Til / Sesame seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Asafoetida / Heeng (1/4 tsp)
- Curry leaves (8-10)
- Green chili (2 slit into halves)
- Fresh coriander (1 tsp chopped)
- Fresh coconut (2 tsp grated)
. Mix Besan, buttermilk, salt, turmeric powder, ginger and green chili paste and lemon in a bowl.
. Take care not to form any lumps.
. If a few lumps are there, just strain the mixture through a sieve.
. Grease a smooth work surface very lightly. Heat the mixture on medium heat till it thickens to the right consistency. ( It will take approx 8-10 minutes. To test if the mixture is done, pour a drop of it on a plate and spread it a little bit and let it cool. Now try to roll it. If it rolls, the mixture has reached the right consistency. Otherwise keep cooking it a little more. )
. Keep mixing continuously otherwise the mixture will burn from the bottom.
. Pour the mixture on the greased platform.
. Quickly spread the mixture in a thin layer using a spatula or spoon.
. Let it cool for a few minutes.
. Cut into thin stripes.
. Roll the stripes.
. For tadka
. Heat Fortune Grounutt Activ oil in a pan.
. When Fortune Grounutt Activ oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
. When the seeds starts crackling, add sesame seeds, heeng, curry leaves and green chili.
. Pour the tadka over the khandvis.
. Garnish with fresh coriander and grated coconut.