fortune hilsa fish curry Recipe
- Hilsa fish (5 pieces)
- Onion seeds or kalonji (1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
- Milk ((½ cup)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard paste (2 tbsp)
- Red chili powder (2 tsp)
- Fortune Kachi Ghani Mustard oil (3 tbsp)
- Slit green chilies (3 to 4)
• Add turmeric and salt to the fish pieces, rub the spices well.
• Heat the Mustard oil in a pan. Slowly add in the marinated fish fillets. Fry each side for 2 minutes, till forms a slight crispy layer. Set aside.
• In the same pan, add onion seeds/ kalonji to the leftover mustard oil. Add slit green chilies. Fry till the spices release the aromas.
• Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and stir. Add mustard paste and a little bit of water and mix.
• Add salt to taste. Add milk and bring it to a boil.
• Place the fish fillets back into the curry, stir carefully and cover with a lid, let it cook for a minute.
• Check the consistency, the gravy shouldn’t be too thick nor too thin.
• To garnish, add some more fresh slit green chilies.
• Serve hot.