fortune bhapa ilish Recipe
- Hilsa fish (5 pieces)
- Yogurt (2 tbsp)
- Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
- Jeera powder (1 tsp)
- Fortune Kachi Ghani Mustard oil (4 tbsp)
- Metal, air tight container or spill-free metal tiffin box
- Mustard paste (5 tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Red chili powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Green chilies (6 pieces)
• In a metal container, place Hilsa fillets. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar, yogurt, mustard oil, mustard paste and green chilies.
• Mix well. Cover the lid and set aside for 10 minutes.
• Add ½ cup water and mix well. Secure the lid safely, and make sure the container is air tight.
• Place the metal container with the fish in a deep pot. Fill the pot ¾ with water and cover it with a lid.
• Let it steam for 15 minutes on medium flame.
• Garnish with fresh green chilies and serve hot.