Samosa secrets unveiled: Shaping & deep frying must-knows
A signature Bengali delicacy, Doi ilish, is a dish that is fuss free and easy to cook. It is packed with flavours that explode in your mouth. The simple ingredients, mustard paste, yogurt, and others will leave you spellbound!
• Grind soaked mustard seeds, soaked poppy seeds, green chilies (2), water (1tsp) and salt into a paste.
• Mix yogurt, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar, mustard oil (1 tsp) with the paste. Mix well.
• Marinate the fish fillets in the mixture for 15 minutes.
• In a pan, cook this mixture with the fish fillets, and bring it to a boil.
• Add the remaining mustard oil into it. Let it cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
• Flip the fish fillets carefully and add hot water. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
• Garnish with the remaining green chilies and serve hot.