Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Hyderabadi Vegetable Curry
- Author: Preeti Garg
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Serves 4
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1/2 cup French beans, sliced diagonally
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup diced brinjal
- 3 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Juice of half lemon
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat a large saucepan filled with water. Parboil the potatoes, carrots, beans and peas, until nearly cooked. Blanche in cold water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a pan and shallow fry the brinjal pieces until nearly cooked, roughly 6-8 minutes. Place on kitchen towels to absorb excess oil and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in the same pan and add bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cumin, cinnamon and after few seconds, add chopped green chilies, ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onions and saute for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Whisk yogurt and dry spice powders in a small bowl, add to the onions and cook well on low flame.
- Add prepared vegetables, required salt and mix well.
- Remove from flame, add lemon juice and garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice or rotis.
Comments under moderation