Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Multigrain Daliya Hot Pot
- Author: Madhuli Ajay
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 4-5
- 1¾ Cups mixed daliya (Broken wheat, jowar, barley, Buckwheat, corn, rice- any or all of these)
- 1/4 cup split green moong
- 1 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 3-4 dried red chillies, broken into pieces
- 2-3 tbsp peanuts (optional)
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic pods, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped veggies (Beans, carrots, peas, beet, pumpkin etc)
- 5-6 cups of vegetable stock/water (for porridge like consistency)
- Salt to taste
- Handful of mint or coriander leaves
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp rock salt or to taste
- 7-8 mint leaves torn into pieces
- 2 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a bowl, mix the crushed black pepper, rock salt, lime juice, mint leaves & oil. Pour over the sliced sweet potatoes and rub all over. Keep aside
- Wash the multigrain dalia and green moong dal. Keep aside.
- In a pressure pan, heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil. Add the mustard seeds and once they crackle add the cumin seeds. Add the turmeric powder, asafoetida, dry red chillies and peanuts. Stir for minute.
- Add bay leaves, chopped onion, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for a few seconds. Add the veggies next and mix well.
- Now add the multigrain daliya along with the green moong dal. Mix again.
- Add around 5-6 cups of vegetable stock or water (for porridge like consistency) and required salt.
- Cover and cook for 1 whistle +10-12 mins on sim.
- Meanwhile, grill the Sweet potatoes on a griddle pan on the stove top or in the oven, roughly 10 minutes on each side, till they are cooked and golden.
- Remove the daliya in a flat serving bowl. Garnish with the mint leaves.
- Top all over with the grilled sweet potatoes and serve immediately.
Comments under moderation