Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Keema Hara Pyaz Masala
- Author: Farrukh Shadab
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Serves 3-4
- 1 large bunch spring onions
- 3 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds (shajeera)
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 500 grams mutton mince
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp coriander powder
- 1½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 green chilies, slit lengthwise
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Water as required
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1½ inch ginger piece
- 8-10 peeled garlic cloves
- 4-5 green chilies
Make a coarse paste in a mixer:
- Chop the white portions and the greens of the spring onion separately and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil. Add bay leaf, shajeera, black peppercorns and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped white portions of the spring onions and saute for a minute.
- Add mutton mince and saute on high heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add blended green masala paste, coriander powder, turmeric, crushed fennel seeds and salt, saute for another 2-3 minutes
- Add little water, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or till keema is cooked.
- Lastly, add garam masala powder, green chillies, lemon and spring onions greens (reserving a few for garnish).
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove into a serving bowl, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with rotis.
Comments under moderation