Soya Chunks Recipe
Back to category
- 1.5 cups Poha - red or white beaten rice or flattened rice
- 1 cup chopped Fortune Soya Chunks
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 curry leaves
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Fortune Oil
- Salt as required
- Rinse the Poha in water till it softens.
- It should lose its crunchiness and when you break them between your fingers, it should easily get crushed or mashed.
- Now add sugar, salt and turmeric powder to the poha and gently mix.
- Heat oil in the same pan.
- Crackle the mustard seeds first.
- Add onions and saute them till they become translucent.
- Add soya chunks (chopped) and saute for another minute.
- Add curry leaves and green chilies. Saute for half-a-minute.
- Add the poha and stir.
- Cover and steam the poha for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- When cooking, check after 1 or 1.5 minutes and give a stir again.
- Switch off the flame and let the poha remain covered for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle some lemon juice, coriander leaves.
Give a gentle stir and serve hot & spicy Soya poha!
Comments under moderation