Back to category
Moong Dal Seekh Kebab Recipe
- 100gm yellow Moong Dal (split yellow gram)
- 50gm grated boiled Potato
- 25gm grated Onions
- Pinch of Chilli Powder
- Pinch of Garam masala
- Pinch of Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 5gm Ginger-Garlic paste
- Pinch of Chaat masala
- 2tbsp chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- 10ml Fortune Oil
- Mint and Coriander Chutney for serving
- Clean, wash and boil the Moong dal in 2 cups of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
- Using a thick seekh (metal skewer), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make a 100 mm. (4") long kebab.
- Brush each kebab very lightly with oil.
- Cook the kebabs over a grill or over a charcoal barbeque till the kebabs are evenly browned (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with mint and coriander chutney.
Comments under moderation