Back to category
Bajra Khichdi Recipe
- ⅓ cup Bajra (black millet) washed
- 3tbsp yellow Moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 10ml Fortune Oil
- 1tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- ½tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1 small Chopped Onion
- 1tsp Garlic Chopped
- 1tsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 1tsp Jeera powder
- 1tsp Dhania powder
- 1tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Bajra and Moong dal together for 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook with salt for 8 whistles and keep in cooker till cooled.
- Now heat oil and add jeera, hing and temper.
- Add onion, garlic and green chillies and saute till onions are soft and pink.
- Add the tomato and spices and cook out.
- Add the boiled Bajra and dal mixture along with water and cook out till dry.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with cold Cucumber raita.
Comments under moderation