Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Stuffed soya tikkis
- Author: Anjali Koli
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup soya granules
- 2-3 spring onions with greens
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Koli masala OR garam masala powder
- 1-2 tsp kokum agal (extract) or lemon juice
- salt and sugar to taste
- 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil, divided
- 500 gram potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup rice flour for dredging
For the stuffing
For the Tikki covers
- Soak soya granules in boiling hot water for 10 minutes and squeeze out water well. Keep aside.
- Chop the spring onions finely and keep aside
- Heat 2 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a wok. Add green chilies. Fry the spring onions for 1 minute.
- Add the soaked and drained soya granules. Sprinkle Koli masala OR garam masala. Add the kokum agal or lime juice, salt and sugar. Mix well and cook for 5 mins. Remove into a bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Knead the mashed potatoes with salt to make a smooth dough and pinch off lemon sized balls of this mix. Shape into cups and stuff a teaspoonful of soya mix. Pull together to form a ball. Pat it into a tikki.
- Roll the edges on a flat surface or counter top to get a neat shape.
- Dredge the shaped tikki in rice flour. Repeat with rest of the mix. At this stage, they can be covered with cling film and kept in refrigerator until it is time to shallow fry.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a non-stick skillet and shallow fry the tikkis in small batches, on one side and then the other, until both are golden brown, around 7-8 minutes per side. Serve hot with condiments of choice.
Comments under moderation