Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Spinach and Corn Cutlets
- Author: Neha Mathur
- Prep time: 30 mins plus 1 hour refrigerating time
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves 6-8
- 1 tbsp + 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1.5 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup corn
- 4-5 medium sized boiled potatoes, peeled and grated
- salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup maida
- water to make batter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Heat 1 tablespoon Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a pan. Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Add spinach and corn, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from stove and cool. Coarsely grind this mix by pulsing in a food processor for few seconds. Remove in a large bowl.
- To this, add in the grated potatoes, salt, green chilli and other dry spice powders.
- Mix well, shape into small cutlets and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the maida with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl, to make thick slurry.
- Dip the cutlets in the slurry and coat with breadcrumbs. Refrigerate again for 30 minutes. At this point you can freeze the cutlets for later use, if required.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons of Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a pan and when the oil is hot, place the cutlets in the hot oil and shallow fry on medium heat until golden and crispy on both sides, roughly 6-8 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with ketchup or coriander chutney.
Comments under moderation