Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Soya Nugget Pops
- Author: Sanjeeta KK
- Prep time: 35 mins, includes marinating time
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 4
- 2 cups small sized soya nuggets
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tbsp corn flour/rice flour
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil(if pan frying)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp honey or sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Spring onion to garnish
- Soak soya nuggets in 4-5 cups of boiling hot water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze the excess water from the nuggets.
- Combine yogurt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, semolina, ginger-garlic paste, corn flour or rice flour and salt in a large bowl. Add a few teaspoons of water to make a thick batter.
- Add soya nuggets in batter and combine well to coat each nugget. Cover the bowl and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 190°C. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
- Shake off the excess batter and place the nuggets in a single layer on prepared baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the nuggets in between baking for even browning.
- You can even shallow fry these in a large non-stick pan with 2-3 tbsp of oil, on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally so that they nuggets get uniformly browned.
- For dipping sauce, whisk together tomato sauce, soya sauce, corn flour and one cup of water in a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in pan and add finely chopped garlic in it and saute for a few seconds. Pour the prepared sauce in the pan and continue cooking at low heat for 3-4 minutes. Add pepper powder, vinegar, honey and let the sauce simmer for another 2 minutes. Garnish with finely chopped spring onion.
- Serve the hot soya nugget pops with the dipping sauce.
Comments under moderation