Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Ragi Noodles in Peanut Sauce
- Author: Anjali Koli
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 2
- 3/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup ragi flour/ Nachani flour
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 4 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil, divided
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.5 cups water
- a small piece of jaggery
- 5-6 pieces of kokum
- salt to taste
For the noodles
For the peanut sauce
- Grind the raw peanuts to a fine paste.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the cumin seeds and chopped green chillies to the oil.
- To this, add the ground raw peanuts, kokum pieces, jaggery and salt.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Meanwhile prepare the noodles. Boil 3/4th cup water in a saucepan. Add salt to taste along with ragi flour.
- With a wooden spatula mix the flour into the water. Remove the hot cooked flour on to the counter and allow to cool slightly.
- Knead the dough into a ball. Fill an extruder with the dough and keep it ready.
- Heat about four cups of water in a saucepan and bring to rolling boil with 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil.
- Extrude the noodles into the hot water. Cook for no more than 5 mins. Remove the cooked ragi noodles into a strainer and add cold water over it. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan added the cooked ragi noodles and as much peanut sauce as you like. On high heat, once this comes to a simmer, remove from flame and serve into two bowls.
Comments under moderation