Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
- Author: Raksha Kamat
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 2-3
- 1 marble sized ball of tamarind +1/4 cup hot water
- 1 large plantain / raw banana
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup rava/semolina
- 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Soak the tamarind in 1/4 cup hot water for 20 minutes. Squeeze and extract the pulp~2 tbsp and discard the fibrous parts.
- Cut the raw banana into 2 pieces.
- Pressure cook or boil until soft. When cool enough to handle, peel and mash or grate the plantain.
- Add onion, coriander, green chilli, cumin seeds, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Add the tamarind paste, ginger-garlic paste and chopped garlic. Mix well.
- Divide into 8 portions; flatten the balls into patties, keeping a thickness of 1 cm.
- Mix rava and salt in a plate, roll the cutlets on the rava, coating them well.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a non-stick pan. Shallow fry the cutlets in oil, on medium flame for 6-8 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney.
Comments under moderation