Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Palak (Spinach) Shorba
- Author: Hina Gujral
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Serves 4
- 500 grams spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 - 5 mint leaves, chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup full cream milk, at room temperature
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Garnish: 2 tbsp cream, 2 tsp roasted cumin*
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly in 2-3 changes of water until clean. Roughly chop cleaned spinach and keep aside.
- Blanche the leaves in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander. Keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil, saute onion and garlic on medium flame until onions turn translucent.
- Add blanched spinach leaves with mint leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat vegetable stock over medium heat and add the heated stock and milk to the spinach. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooled to room temperature, blend to a smooth puree.
- Before serving, heat the soup and adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Garnish each cup with cream and roasted cumin.
- To dry roast cumin seeds, heat pan over medium heat and add cumin seeds. Toss till cumin start releasing aroma. Turn off the heat and transfer to a bowl
Comments under moderation