Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Oats Sago Patties
- Author: Kavitha Ramaswamy
- Prep time: 4 hours (includes soaking time)
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Makes 8 medium or 16 small patties
- 1/4 cup sago (sabudana), soaked in 1 cup water for a minimum of 4 hours (or overnight)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 small boiled potato
- 1/2 cup raw grounduts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Wash the soaked sago to get rid of excess starch and drain well.
- Coarsely grind the groundnuts and oats.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the oil.
- Mix ingredients well to form a dough. Taste and adjust for salt, if required.
- Divide the mixture into 8 medium or 16 small portions.
- Roll each part into a neat ball and flatten slightly to form patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a shallow pan.
- When oil is hot, place the patties in small batches, in the pan, cooking on each side for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Flip and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Drain on kitchen towels for few minutes. Serve hot with condiments of your choice.
Comments under moderation