Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Minced Chicken Cutlets
- Author: Revati Upadhya
- Prep time: 10 mins plus one hour chilling time
- Cooking time: Under 30 mins
- Makes 24 cutlets
- 500 grams minced chicken
- 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 pods green cardamom
- 2 small onions, finely chopped and divided
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 boiled and mashed potato
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup rava (to coat cutlets)
- 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil to pan fry
- Clean the minced meat thoroughly and set it to drain in a fine-meshed sieve or colander.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil and add in the whole spices -bay leaf, cardamom pods and cloves and saute till puffed and aromatic.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the chopped onions (retain the rest to be added later), minced garlic and ginger. Saute till golden.
- Add in the minced meat. It will immediately release a lot of water, keep the flame medium-high and let it cook through, till the water has dried out completely.
- Continue tossing the meat, add in red chilli powder, turmeric, pepper and garam masala and cook.
- When fully cooked through, and water is dried out, tip the mince into a mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add the mashed potato, remaining chopped onions, chopped green chillies, mint and coriander leaves and mix well
- Break an egg into the mixture, add salt at the very end (as it releases water) and combine.
- Shape into flat cutlets (about 24 pieces) and place them on a plate, cover with cling film and keep this in refrigerator for 1 hour minimum.
- When ready to fry, heat 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a pan. Take some rava in a plate and coat the cutlets on either side before placing them in the pan to fry.
- Gently flip the cutlets over when they are golden and take them out, drain on kitchen towels.
- Serve hot as a side with pulao.
Comments under moderation