Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Honey sesame tofu
- Author: Revati Upadhya
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves 4
- 400 grams firm tofu
- 1/4 cup of maida (to dredge the tofu)
- 3-4 tsp of Fortune Rice Bran Health oil, divided
- 1 dry kashmiri red chilli
- 3-4 pods of garlic
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- small bunch of spring onions chopped into rings
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- Chop the tofu into small 1/2 cm cubes, pat dry with paper towels so there is no excess water.
- In a pan, heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil, dredge the tofu in flour and pan fry till lightly golden and set aside.
- Grind the red chilli, ginger and garlic to a coarse paste in a small mixer.
- In a bigger pan, heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil, add in the chilli-ginger-garlic mix and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in the honey, soya sauce, vinegar and let it simmer on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add in the spring onions and pepper, toss for just a minute till the spring onion greens wilt slightly.
- Turn off the flame, add in the fried tofu and mix till well coated.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over it and serve immediately.
Comments under moderation