Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Cocktail Idli Chaat
- Author: Preeti Garg
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Serves 4-6
- 2 cup roasted rava/ semolina
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp fruit salt
- 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil for greasing moulds
- 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil for shallow frying
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup sev, divided
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 cup sweet or tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup green coriander chutney
- 1 cup sweetened yogurt
- for garnish - coriander leaves and pomegranate pearls
- Combine semolina, yogurt, water and salt together in a bowl and prepare smooth idli batter consistency.
- Heat water in a steamer/cooker. At this time add the fruit salt and mix well. Grease the idli moulds and immediately pour the mixture in it. Steam the idlis for 15 minutes. Once cooled, remove from moulds, cut into cubes and keep aside. You can even use leftover idlis for this.
- Heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in pan and shallow fry idli cubes on medium flame until golden and crisp. Drain them on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Mix finely chopped onions, tomatoes, salt and chaat masala in a small bowl. Keep aside.
- Make alternate layers of onion-tomato mix and idli cubes, with chutneys and yogurt in between the layers. Repeat until the glass is filled.
- Sprinkle the chaat masala and salt on the top and garnish with chopped coriander, pomegranate and sev.
Comments under moderation