Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Cashew and Tofu Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Author: Suma Rowjee
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 50 mins (includes baking time)
- Serves 4
- 4 medium green capsicums
- 2 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 cup grated firm tofu (or crumbled paneer)
- 1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
- salt to taste
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash and dry the bell peppers. Slice off the tops and deseed. If needed, slice a thin layer horizontally at the bottom so that they stand upright for baking.
- Heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a pan. Saute the finely chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and saute.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes. Remove into a bowl and let cool.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the mixture. Place the bell peppers in a greased baking dish; cover the top of the tin with aluminum foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or till the capsicum is cooked. Remove foil, brush the peppers with oil lightly the last 5 minutes of baking .
- Serve hot with rotis.
Comments under moderation