Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Brown Rice Pulao Sizzler
- Author: Kavitha Ramaswamy
- 1 cup brown Basmati rice
- 1 tsp cumin Seeds
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Around 1.5 cups water to cook the rice
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- For croutons: 2 slices bread, 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil
- Others: Cabbage or Lettuce leaves
- Sizzler Plate or an Iron Plate
For the rice
For the quick gravy
- To make the crotons topping, chop the bread into small squares, toss in 1 tsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil, line on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200°c for 5 minutes, after which keep a watch and remove when golden brown.
- Wash rice well and drain. Heat the oil and add ginger, garlic, chilli, cinnamon, bay leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed veggies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained rice, salt and mix well. Add 1.5 to 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, reduce the flame to low, cover with a lid and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
- For the gravy, grind all ingredients (except oil and milk) to a smooth paste. Heat Fortune Rice Bran Health oil in a kadai and add the paste. Keep stirring it and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes until well cooked.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Slowly add the warm milk while stirring. Let it boil for 2 minutes & switch off
- To assemble the sizzler, place the tava or iron plate on the flame for 3-4 minutes until it is sizzling hot. Cover the plate with a cabbage or lettuce leaf Add some rice to the plate, pour some gravy in the center of the rice, top it off with some croutons and serve hot.
Comments under moderation