Desi Health Bites is an exciting blogger program by Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil
Back to category
Three bean cutlets
- Author: Monika Manchanda
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cooking time: Under 20 mins
- Serves 3-4
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas (white channa)
- 1/2 cup boiled kidney beans (rajma)
- 1/2 cup boiled black-eyed peas (lobia)
- 1 large boiled potato, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp Fortune Rice Bran Health oil for shallow frying
- In a large bowl, using a potato masher, mash together the boiled chickpeas, kidney beans, black-eyed peas and potato.
- To the above, add the finely chopped onions, breadcrumbs, ginger-garlic paste, coriander leaves, salt and dry spice powders.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Take about 2-3 tbsp of the dough and make round patties about 1/4 inch thick. Smoothen the edges of the cutlet by rolling on the countertop.
- In a shallow pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of Fortune Rice Bran Health oil. Once it is hot, shallow fry cutlets in small batches for 6-8 minutes on each side till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup
Comments under moderation